Friends

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Great Crock pot Recipe - Apricot Pork Chops


I have come to love my Crock pot. I think every mother should have one and use it often!!! The Crock pot has made it possible to feed my family and still work, take kids to and from school and tennis, and help with homework....

I ran across this recipe years ago and it has stayed a staple in our home. Please let me know how you liked it.

Apricot Pork Chops

1 pound of fresh baby carrots
4 pork chops (boneless works best)
1 large jar (8 -12 oz) of your favorite apricot or peach preserves ( I usually use apricot)

Be sure to use a non stick spray before you put the ingredients into the Crock pot.

Spread the baby carrots on the bottom of the pot and then place your pork on top of the carrots. Poor your preserves over everything. I like the glaze to be thick so I put half the glaze on in the beginning and one hour before they are done, I put the 2nd half. You can do all in the beginning if you choose. It turns out great no matter how you do it!

Cook on low for 8 hours.

3 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

I don't use a crock pot often, but this recipe sounds worth a try! :)

Anonymous said...

I think the flavor of the apricots with the carrots would be especially yummy!

Shirley said...

These sound delicious. I'll definitely try it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin