Friends

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Famous Jerk Chicken



This is my family's favorite Chicken recipe. It is a staple in our menu because my husband requests it almost weekly.

4-5 Chicken breast cut into pieces 1-2 inches

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1 envelope of Italian salad dressing mix (I use store brand - cheaper but just as good)

2 TBSP (generous) brown sugar

2 TBSP soy sauce

1 tsp ground allspice, 1 tsp ground cinnamon

3/4 tsp ground red pepper (this will give a good kick) 1/2 tsp for mild kick

Mix all the ingredients together. Add chicken and coat well.

Place chicken on grill. I use my George Foreman knock off.. You can BBQ it or broil it. Be sure to marinade while you cook.

**I make another batch of the sauce and heat it in the microwave for extra sauce to dip or flavor the rice...

You will love this recipe. Leave me a comment and tell me what you thought.

1 comment:

Genesa said...

This looks really really good, I will be sure to try it soon! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin