I was looking in the mirror yesterday as I was driving home (before the earthquake) and I was talking to my daughter on my cell (yes, I have an ear piece) - with the sun shining down onto my head - I thought I saw a glimpse of a gray hair.... I ran my fingers through my hair and there it was! I yanked it out from the root... What I found odd was that at the end of the hair where my "natural color" was it was nicely textured with a small curl to it... Where the gray was - the shaft of the hair was thicker and just plain awful... I am WAY too YOUNG to go GRAY... no way - not me... Nope - nothing doing...
I began to realize that I am getting old because I am a complete stressed out MESS..... I need to relax... breathe in... breathe out.... So I came up with a list of 5 things I am going to do this week to relax me... to make me feel good.. and to make me feel Young... again...
- Get in the hot tub every night and let the hot bubbling waters soothe my achy muscles.
- Get my hair done - cut, color, and style... No walking out with wet hair to save a buck!
- Get a pedicure and have my feet get that extra 15 minute massage...and paint my toenails Red.
- No Television or Computer after I'm done for the day - stop checking for work messages
- Light all my favorite candles - play my favorite music and just be still.... at least for longer than a minute!