Friends

Monday, September 7, 2009

Last Weekend Of The Summer

Hard to believe that this was the last weekend of the summer... We decided at the last minute to go up to our cabin in the mountains to get away for the weekend.... also a great place to go to get out of the heat and all the Southern California fire smoke...

On the way there - we saw the most incredible cloud formation - looked like the mother ship was landing....



The drive up the mountain was beautiful - reminded me of the The Song - The Long and Windy Road...



We ran into a group of boys ending their mountain exploration - looked like a bunch of little army men... love it


We had a great time - stopped at an authentic Mexican food market and bought - enchiladas, burritos, tortillas, ceviche, guacamole, salsa, and ton more stuff - that was dinner for night one.. The next morning, Dusty whipped up his famous mountain cabin breakfast... (he only cooks in the mountains) - eggs, bacon, and biscuits...




We took a boat ride around the lake - beautiful..





We left happy and relaxed and came home to: laundry - shopping - housework...



It was nice while it lasted........

7 comments:

Beth said...

Eeeek! @ the cloud.

Love the little army men :)

Glad you had a good time.

Nancy said...

What a restful vacation. Wish I could go. Too bad we have to come back to work and such. Though I love laundry. I guess I'm a bit odd about that.

Heart2Heart said...

Kelly,

You must have headed to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead! Its been so long since I have seen pine trees. My hubby commented yesterday that he won't be taking the 2, Angeles Forest Highway any longer because it will make him to sad to see the landscape all burnt to the ground. No more forests up there any longer.

Your cabin looks wonderful and sounds like you all had a great time. Nice pirate ship too!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Heidi said...

That cloud formation is pretty fantastic.

Your trip looks lovely and rejuvenating. I can't stand the after part of the trip - the coming home and the unpacking. I feel for you!

Thanks for coming on by my blog!

Breadwinner Wife said...

You had me at "authentic Mexican food market" ... I'm very jealous over here.

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Holy cow, I just got really freaked out. I'm guessing those are your daughters in the boat... I just got a really scary flash forward of what my currently 5yr old daughter is going to turn into someday sooner rather than later. AAAHHHHH! May God grant me the grace I need to get me through the next 20 years. *sigh*

Beautiful daughters... That's what I meant to say... I think my daughter is the most beautiful, so this should be a compliment really... now I'm just nervous... Okay, it's just really really really too late. I'm going to bed!

Jo said...

How I wish I was with you--I bet it's starting to resemble Autumn there....

So glad you had a nice time!

Peace, love and happiness,
~Jo
"Diary Of A Sad Housewife"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin